Serving those in need and creating ways to better our communities by helping organizations and individuals to achieve wellness in their lives continues to be my passion and mission.
I have over 30 years of business experience and 25+ years of experience in the fitness and wellness industry. I am a registered yoga teacher, a professional trainer and wellness coach.
I have worked with people of all abilities, from people diagnosed with severe, persistent mental illness, physical and developmental disabilities and physical challenges, as well as training for yoga teachers and workshops and classes for everyone interested in building their well being.
I have a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership with a concentration in Strategic Management and a certificate in Ethics and Leadership as well as a legal education. My bachelor’s degree is in communication with a focus on writing.
I have created employee wellness programs for various organizations and continue to offer corporate wellness programming. I write a regular wellness column and have numerous articles appear in fitness and wellness magazines, newspapers, and websites.
- Voted one of the Top 100 Wellness Professionals in 2014 by Wellness Council of America WELCOA Dish Award.
- National Federation of Professional Trainers – personal training credentials.
- Cooper Institute trained and certified- personal training and first responder injury prevention.
- ACE American Council on Exercise certified.
- Trained in Vedic Thai Bodywork and assisted yoga.
- Dance instructor in creative dance, women’s intuitive and empowerment dance, & belly dancing.
- Registered Yoga Teacher- Yoga Alliance. ERYT-200, Advanced Yoga Teacher RTY-500.
- Registered with Yoga Alliance as YACEP-continuing education provider for Yoga Instructors.
- Core Strength Vinyasa Yoga-trained.
- Trauma Informed Yoga certified.
- Functional Fitness & Kettlebell training with Cleveland Browns Coach, Mark Roozen.
- Nutritional training- Health Sciences Academy.
- Worked as a Membership & Wellness Director for the YMCA.
- Worked as Wellness Coordinator for the City of Mesquite.